| BIG VALLEY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL IS SEEKING A|
DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
Big Valley Christian School, founded in 1974, is a ministry of Big Valley Grace Community Church and is a Christ-centered, college-preparatory school for approximately 800 students in grades PS–12.
Reporting to the school superintendent, the Director of Advancement will be responsible for providing leadership in planning, organizing, and implementing the operations of the development and alumni engagement programs. The incumbent will be a proven major gift fundraiser with a history of strong relationships with donors and a deep knowledge of effective advancement programs, including major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, alumni engagement, and stewardship.
The Director of Advancement will manage, track, and advise and oversee all fundraising activities, including donor cultivation, solicitation, stewardship proposal and gift agreement development, and contact reporting.
BVCS seeks an entrepreneurial thinker who can demonstrate the ability to build and establish productive and lasting relationships with alumni, families, and community members to advance the school's vision, goals and accomplishments. He or she will successfully implement the school's fundraising vision and goals by developing long and short term plans, establishing and fostering relationships with and among church, school and community. The successful candidate will inspire, lead and engage volunteers and staff members to advance and achieve fundraising goals. He or she will effectively and proactively champion the school's message in different environments and to different audiences, to achieve established goals.
Duties and responsibilities of the Director of Advancement include:
* Develops and implements a comprehensive development plan including strategic initiatives, budget and staffing
* Strategic planning and execution of advancement activities – capital campaigns, endowments and scholarships, major gifts, annual giving, planned giving and grant writing
* Manages and oversees donor relations, including managing goals for visits and outcomes
* Implements best practices in areas of gift processing, data management, and donor relations
* Designs, coordinates, executes and oversees several major events
* Manages prospect research and cultivation initiatives
* Manages the planned giving program and the outcomes of that program
* Oversees management of gift processing and donor acknowledgements
Minimum qualifications include:
* Three or more years of progressively responsible professional experience in nonprofit development with demonstrated fundraising success
* A Bachelor's degree is required
Preferred qualifications and experience:
* An advancement leader with a proven track record of managing all aspects of a comprehensive development program made up of annual giving, planned giving, major gifts, special events and volunteers
* Proven ability to establish solid positive working relationships with all constituents, including faculty, administrators, church leaders and community members
* Proven track record of fundraising success
* Proven ability to personally cultivate, solicit, and steward donors
* Strategic thinker
* Working knowledge of development best practices, trends and tools
* Excellent communicator with ability to produce ideas, communicate them, make recommendations and positively influence the outcome
* Strong interpersonal and networking skills
* Strong leadership, management and supervisory skills
* Ability to exercise sound judgment
* Ability to balance multiple projects with varying degrees of priority
* Experience with producing budgets and tracking fundraising gifts
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of proprietary and confidential information with the highest ethical standards and meticulous attention to detail
* Bachelors or Master's degree in related field
* Minimum of 5+ years of increasing responsibility in non-profit fundraising
* Prefer private school experience; Certified Fundraising Executive preferred
Screening for this position will begin immediately, and for full consideration, applications are due by April 30, 2017. The position will remain open until filled.
Applicants should e-mail to HR@bvcs.org the following documents in Microsoft Word or PDF:
1) Letter of interest that includes your fundraising philosophy, your proven fundraising success, and salary expectations
2) Current résumé
3) Contact information for three references
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. This is a 12-month, full-time position with an excellent benefits package.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Director of Operations